Author, thought leader, strategic analyst, forty years in conflict reporting, media trainer, and a media entrepreneur.
Nitin A Gokhale founded BharatShakti.in (BSI) in November 2015. BSI is a both unique and first-of-its-kind portal that is pursuing the objective of supporting India’s quest for self-reliance in Defence since its inception. The website is a maiden effort at congregating the achievements and potential of the Indian Defence Industry (IDI) and presenting them in the public domain.
Nitin also launched StratNewsGlobal.com in Jan 2020. This is an Indian niche venture that has established itself as an online media house that provides a judicious mix of on-ground reporting and in-depth analysis of events as they happen, in the strategic affairs, foreign policy and defence space. StratNews Global, or SNG, aims to expand understanding of strategic issues, international relations and security matters among common citizens and not just specialists.
Nitin A. Gokhale: Author, thought leader and one of South Asia’s leading strategic analysts, Nitin A. Gokhale has forty years of rich and varied experience behind him as a conflict reporter, Editor, author and now a media entrepreneur who owns and curates two important digital platforms, BharatShakti.in and StratNewsGlobal.com focusing on national security, strategic affairs and foreign policy matters.
At the beginning of his long and distinguished career, Gokhale has lived and reported from India’s North-east for 23 years, writing and analysing various insurgencies in the region, been on the ground at Kargil in the summer of 1999 during the India-Pakistan war, and also brought live reports from Sri Lanka’s Eelam War IV between 2006-2009.
Author of a dozen books on wars, insurgencies and conflicts, Gokhale relocated to Delhi in 2006, was Security and Strategic Affairs Editor at NDTV, a leading Indian broadcaster for nine years, before launching in 2015 his own digital properties.
An alumni of the Asia-Pacific Centre for Security Studies in Hawaii, Gokhale now writes, lectures and analyses security and strategic matters in Indo-Pacific and travels regularly to US, Europe, South and South-East Asia to speak at various international seminars and conferences.
Gokhale also teaches at India’s Defence Services Staff College (DSSC), the three war colleges, India’s National Defence College, College of Defence Management and the intelligence schools of both the R&AW and Intelligence Bureau.
He tweets at @nitingokhale
- READ MORE
- Tata Tea comes under the microscope for its alleged dealings with another banned organisationREAD MORE
- वांशिक हिंसाचारात होरपळलेली श्रीलंका आता एका नव्या संकटाला तोंड देत आहे. साधारणपणे 1983मध्ये सुरू झालेल्या हा वांशिक हिंसाचार 2009पर्यंत सुरू होता. त्यातून बाहेर पडत ...READ MORE
- संपादकीय टिप्पणी लष्करप्रमुख जनरल मनोज नरवणे यांची Bharatshakti.inचे मुख्य संपादक नितीन अ. गोखले यांनी विशेष मुलाखत घेतली आहे. सुमारे दोन-सव्वादोन वर्षांपूर्वी नरवणे यांनी जगातील ...READ MORE
- गोव्याचे मुख्यमंत्री ते भारताचे संरक्षणमंत्री असा मनोहर पर्रीकर यांचा प्रवास थक्क करणारा आहे. मुख्यमंत्रीपद असो वा केंद्रीय मंत्रीपद असो जनतेने आणि पक्षनेतृत्त्वाने टाकलेला विश्वास ...READ MORE
- Editor’s Note The Army Chief General MM Naravane was interviewed on issues of import during the past two years plus of his tenure as ...READ MORE
To contact me, fill out the form below. I’ll surely revert whenever possible. Feedback on both StratNewsGlobal and BharatShakti is welcomed..